Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Monica spills on Married Life

|



Mrs. Monica Brown sat down with essence recently to talk about all things... Including her new hubby.

Monica on being a 'traditional wife'
I cook for him. He can cook, but I don't think he should have to. I'm a traditional wife in ever since. I like the fact that he cleans his plate. That's a southern thing. I'm from Georgia.
On if she's close with your new mother-in-law
Oh yeah! [Shannon interrupts with a big smile, “yes they are!”] He says we’re sickening. He’s always like, “you’ve been on the phone with her for two hours?” And then, our mothers are close too. We were looking for them for a whole two days before the wedding. They stayed gone and off shopping and doing their own things for two days. 
When we really got very, very serious in our dating we took both our families to Cabo. We wanted to take them away from everyone and all the busy places and just really get to know each other. That was everybody’s first meeting. I’ve never gone more than 48 hours without talking to his mother since then. His mom loves her baby, but what’s so amazing about my mother-in-law is that she says I wanted someone to love my baby the way I love him, for him, whether he’s playing ball or doing something else; I want someone to love my son through and through and she met me and she said, “you’re the real deal.” We’re a lot alike. We like the same things. We go to a lot of the same places. We get lost together.
 For the rest of the interview check out ESSENCE.


Be the first to make a comment!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

The Ebony and Ivory Blog. Copyright 2011 All Rights Reserved

Privacy Policy | Disclaimer